Saturday, February 23, 2008

How About Something Simple?





GSD

This is one of those projects that is just to simple, but yet a pain to want to design. Well, I didn't design "The Shaker Box" but who ever did a BIG kiss to you. *smack* It's just that I could never cut it right with a ruler and my blade, so I made my Robo do the work.

For some of you that have never made a shaker box, here's what I did:

1) First, cut out your two box shapes.

2) I used asatate for the window, but I did hear of a cheaper way. Someone said to use clear, thick, plastic from shirts or envelops or just about anything flat. I liked that idea so I am sharing it with you. This needs to be attached to the box that has a window. You can attach it with any glue. Place the asatate to the box, with the window, and let dry.

3) Find some cute confetti or punch out some cute punches. If I buy confetti, I try to look for some on clearance or at the dollar store. Put that to the sided.

4) Tape. You need double sided foam tape. 3M is good but expensive. So use what ever you can find or your budget will allow. Roll out the tape as long as one side of that box and cut. Put the rest of the tape away. That one piece of tape will cover all four sided so you are going to have to cut so you have 4 strips. They don't have to be perfect. No one will see them. :) I lay down one strip and then the one across from it. That leaves 2 sides that are smaller. Take of that strip thats attached to the foam tape.

5) This is where it gets tricky. You want to ONLY stick 3 of the4 sides or as close to it as possible. Put the confetti in through the opening. Make sure the confetti doesn't stick to the tape. It has happened to me way to many times. :) lol

6) Close her up. Make sure the last of the tape sticks to the bottom box. Now "shake." The box not yourself. lol

Hope you enjoyed. :)

Lisa

No comments: