Friday, February 29, 2008
Hi Ho Hi Ho it's off to shovel I go. You know they are saying that this is the 3rd snowiest month since they have been keeping records. I bet you we will be in drout this summer, because we did not get enough snow. lol
So for all you who live in warm a climate, here is some of my snow for you. :)
Enjoy and have a good weekend.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Just stuck in the house again. Thought today is interesting. I live about 40 minutes from Detroit and the Mayor is in trouble. (now I am saying that like I was telling on my sister) It is just a mess. He, the mayor, used city money with out city council approval or even knowing. He also had an affair, when he said he didn't, and he lied under oath. If you really want to hear some gossip, or just something different, goto
Oh, the mayor's name is Kwame Kilpatrick in case you have to "search."
As for my treat for the day. Another card...I found some scraps and placed that on first. Then I used my photo slide punch and punched out some glitter paper. The glitter paper and punch came from JoAnn's but the paper was from Christmas. Then I put sticker in the photo area. A pretty simple idea, but I think it looks good. :)
Have fun and stay warm!!
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
It snowed again!!!! About 5 inches this time. I shoveled twice. Once this morning and then again in the afternoon. Did I tell you that the plow went by and I had to shovel the end of the drive way. You know there darned of you do and darned if they don't. If the plow driver didn't go through I would be mad. Now they went through and I had to shovel and I'm mad. Summer.....please come soon. :)
Monday, February 25, 2008
This one was created for my husband, Mike. For some odd reason he can not peel oranges. He has tried everything. Cutting, biting, he even tried to eat it like a grapefruit, even though I don't have that special cutting knife. So orange eating, at our house is a chore. I have to peel 4 oranges and then I have orange thumbs for a couple of days. lol At least he doesn't drool like the dog does waiting for his. :)
Saturday, February 23, 2008
This is one of those projects that is just to simple, but yet a pain to want to design. Well, I didn't design "The Shaker Box" but who ever did a BIG kiss to you. *smack* It's just that I could never cut it right with a ruler and my blade, so I made my Robo do the work.
For some of you that have never made a shaker box, here's what I did:
1) First, cut out your two box shapes.
2) I used asatate for the window, but I did hear of a cheaper way. Someone said to use clear, thick, plastic from shirts or envelops or just about anything flat. I liked that idea so I am sharing it with you. This needs to be attached to the box that has a window. You can attach it with any glue. Place the asatate to the box, with the window, and let dry.
3) Find some cute confetti or punch out some cute punches. If I buy confetti, I try to look for some on clearance or at the dollar store. Put that to the sided.
4) Tape. You need double sided foam tape. 3M is good but expensive. So use what ever you can find or your budget will allow. Roll out the tape as long as one side of that box and cut. Put the rest of the tape away. That one piece of tape will cover all four sided so you are going to have to cut so you have 4 strips. They don't have to be perfect. No one will see them. :) I lay down one strip and then the one across from it. That leaves 2 sides that are smaller. Take of that strip thats attached to the foam tape.
5) This is where it gets tricky. You want to ONLY stick 3 of the4 sides or as close to it as possible. Put the confetti in through the opening. Make sure the confetti doesn't stick to the tape. It has happened to me way to many times. :) lol
6) Close her up. Make sure the last of the tape sticks to the bottom box. Now "shake." The box not yourself. lol
Hope you enjoyed. :)
Thursday, February 21, 2008
So I messed up again. What else is new. lol Here is what the real JPEG of this GSD looks like. The train says Grand Trunk but I have deleted that from the file. This is a part of the train scrapbook I made my father for X-mas and Grand Trunk is his favorite. Thought this is not the Grand Trunk (CN) font. I did look for the "freeware" version of the font but never found it. :)
Monday, February 18, 2008
Have you guys ever gone to a train show? Well my father and I are part of a train club from Ford Motor Company. We are here in Michigan and we are going strong. We just had a show in Saline Michigan and in a month we are going to be in Farmington Hills and soon a show, May 1st-3rd, at the Detroit Public Library. We display our moving trains on a track while there is always a section to buy train items. Come Check us out and maybe you might want to join our club.
Friday, February 15, 2008
It has been brought to my attention that if you downloaded "Japan" GSD that it is the "love frame." As I have said that I am trying and thank you to all who are hanging in there with me. :)
Let's try this again and please let me know when I do make boo-boo's so I can fix them.
We all have our Hunka's that we kissed yesterday, including me, and I have noticed some of you need an Elvis file. So instead of me waiting for his birthday or death to release my GSD, I thought I would do it now. Let me know what you think.
Thank you, thank you very much
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
I lived in
Here are some pictures of us there. My sister, Leslie, was not with us. She went to school in
I hope you enjoy these pictures and my GSD.
Monday, February 11, 2008
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Hello to all who are cold!
It's 6 degrees here and the temperature is going up then down. So 6 is warm. :) Im trying something different again. I am trying to get my GSD's, for your Craft Robo Wishblades or Silouettes, to work. If you download my files and they work, please let me know.
I have decided, since we all are freezing, my first file will be a Beach Chair. If you would like to download the GSD, please go here http://risalenee.4shared.com/. Again, let me know if this works.
Have a happy WARM day
Friday, February 8, 2008
Here we go again, giving it another try. I'm working on my Christmas cards and here is a start. I have used scrapbook paper, glitter, glue (acid free) and free clip art that I just printed out on white card stock. This is then glued on a pre-made, white, 6.5x5" folded card.
Thursday, February 7, 2008
My name is Lisa and I live in Michigan. I love scrapbooking and card making. I am trying new ideas everyday and I hope to post them here. I also have a Craft Robo and hope to show my creations here too.
This is my first try on the blog and I hope I do this right. lol
Have a good day,